Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic fighting to end the year in top ranking.
The battle to end the year as world number 1 started since the loss of Novak Djokovic in Shanghai against Stefanos Tsitsipas.
Rafael Nadal jumped to the Number 1 spot on 4th November, because of the dropping points of Djokovic.
Nitto ATP Finals 2019 is the last room for getting points, Nadal and Djokovic are trying hard to be the first to close the door,Rafael Nadal Scenarios to end the year as World Number 1 Embed from Getty Images
The difference is just 640 points between Nadal who has 9585 and Djokovic who has 8945,
with the rules of ATP Finals, each match has it points and the system is:
- 200 points to the player who wins a round-robin win.
- 400 points to the player who wins semi-final win.
- 500 points to the player who wins the final.
- If the player wins the tournament without losing a match He gets 1500 points
The Scenario to end the world Number is very clear and simple and here are the possibilities.
- If Rafael Nadal pulled out of the tournament, then Djokovic needs only to reach the final to end the year No 1.
- And if Rafael Nadal does play and wins two matches in the group stage, Djokovic must win the tournament to end the race for him.
- If Nadal reaches the final, he is guaranteed to end the year as N.1.-
- If Novak Djokovic fails to win a round-robin match, then it’s over and Nadal takes the top ranking of 2019.